Thursday, April 28, 2011

{Fear}

I have never been a person that is very fearful, I would like to think I am brave. However, over the last 3 months Satan has definitely used his attacks to make me afraid. I almost have to laugh at myself about what I have had fear over the last months, recognizing of course that this fear only comes from Satan and has no power over me. However, fear can be almost choking at times, it makes things cloudy, we loose our sense of purpose, our sense of authority with Christ and we begin to forget the Christ has won the battle. One of my favorite books, is "Praying God's Word" by Beth Moore It has helped me so much in the last 3 months. When I am feeling afraid, I take it out and start quoting prayers that are directly from God's word. Here are some that have helped me as of late....

You Lord, reign! You are robed in majesty and you are armed with strength! Your throne was established long ago: You are from all eternity. You are mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea - the Lord on high is mighty! (Ps. 93:1-2, 4)

Victorious God, I celebrate the fact that You, the God of peace, will soon crush Satan under Your feet and until then the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ is with us. (Rom. 16:20)

Glorious God, I thank You for qualifying me to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For You have rescued me from the dominion of darkness and brought me into the kingdom of the Son you love, in whom I have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. (Col. 1:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment