Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Compassion

I knew this would be one of the most difficult parts of living in Haiti. However, no matter the preparation, it doesn’t make it any easier. How do we love the poor, like Christ would love the poor? At what point does our helping hurt and at what time does it help? What is the line? Is there a line? Is a case by case basis? How do I “say” to a person, that I am helping you by planting a church (which is the ultimate gift), but I’m not going to give you food that will create a dependency? How do love them and not help them meet their basic needs? Is it possible? My heart is heavy this morning. I don’t know there are answers to these questions. Yet, daily I run across this. My prayer and encouragement is that God has gone before us and will lead us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment