Saturday, June 4, 2011

{I'm in Haiti}

I have arrived in Haiti. The process seemed long at times, but the last 2 months flew by. On Thursday, my mom and I, along with 5, fifty pound bags, 2 carry on bags and 2 back packs arrived safely in Haiti. My bags are still sitting in the living room, they will be until Thursday this week, when Christine leaves and I move into her room.

When we arrived we hit the ground running. A team of 10 from Fullerton, California was here. We spent the last two days with them, at the school and the beach.

Today, I send a bitter-sweet goodbye to my mom at the airport. I never like saying goodbye and even though I have lived away from home for sometimes, goodbyes with my family are never easy. Yet the goodbye was sweet, knowing I am fulfilling God's call on my life. I am excited for the next two years. I know God is going to do great things in Haiti and I am excited to be part of it.

The next two weeks will be filled with learning the new city, meeting people and learning the ropes around the house. I will write more later, but wanted to let all of you know I am in Haiti safely! Thank you for your prayers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment