Monday, March 5, 2012

Helping the least of these....


I was walking to OLTCH today...I hadn't even had a chance to get the group set, to say hi to my friends or play with the babies...BUT I got a call from Sally, a Nurse Practitioner who works at HHM. She asked me if I knew of a place to bring a little girl, Ella Grace. She proceeded to tell me about Ella Grace. She is 16 months old and weighs 10 lbs. One of her ears has not formed correctly and looks like she has some other disabilities. I told of course I could find her a place, that I would take her or potentially OLTCH would. She told me to come to the clinic and pick her up. Since, I was at OLTCH already, I asked Jasmine if they would take her, and she said absolutely!! I grabbed Rhyan, who will be working at OLTCH soon, and asked her to come with me to get this little girl.

It took us two trips, but the mom was finally there and this beautiful girl was with her. We brought her and the mom with us to the orphanage. In the car, we were talking with the mom, and came to find out that Willna also has a 6 month old sister at home. The mother has been trying to breast feed both girls.

I'm so thankful I'm here. That God has allowed me to be part of all of this. By no means did I do something special, I just was in the right place at the right time and had faith that God would provide a place for this little girl. I'm thankful that I was able to make the connections happen. That's why I'm here....to help the least of these, to help those that have no hope...to bring hope to the hopeless. Thank you Lord, for providing an opportunity to be your hands and your feet.

1 comment:

  1. Poor, sweet baby! What a heartbreak for the mama, to have to give her up in order to feed her and the other baby!

    ReplyDelete