Friday, February 24, 2012

{Friday Favorites} - February 24

1. Compass Church: The team this week has been great! They have gave of themselves to help the community and some of our partners. They painted, varnished, built, played with kids, taught, etc...The poured themselves out! It was a joy to watch them teaching at Maxo's school yesterday, to see them engaging with the students!! Thank you team for serving!!




2. James - Laura and I started the James bible study about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't have picked a better time to be going through this study! I'm so thankful God has thought about everything and given us His word to encourage us in ALL circumstances! It astounds me!





3. Sunsets - They make me happy!! They make me full! How can we not worship the great Creator!










 4. Gratitude: Since returning to Haiti after Christmas, it seems like I have been going through many trials. I will be honest and say that I have struggled. I've been struggling to find joy and to be thankful! I started reading the book "One Thousand Gifts" and I realized that I wanted to start finding joy in the trials! I started using this Gratitude book to record my 1000 gifts.
1. Morning talks with Claudy, on the phone. 
2. A hot shower in the morning. 
3. A great cup of coffee, with creamer. 
4. Groups serving the people I love. 
5. Kids jumping rope at the school with only socks on their feet. 
6. The sand between my toes at the beach. 
7. A frozen Coke
8. A 18 year old in the 5th grade - hoping to break the mold. 
9. Hearing the birds chirp on the deck, while reading God's word!


I hope you have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment