Sunday, January 27, 2013

Be Silent

I have one of the those personalities.... The type - A... organized, planned, gets a lot done, etc...and most days, I love it.

Right now, I'm in a war with my personality. My desire is to make a plan for what happens in August when we move back to the states. I want to have everything in line, so I won't skip a beat...I want to live in that perfect bubble. Yet, I can't really plan. I'm here...in Haiti. I need to be here...I haven't been called home yet.

It's a war.

God has been teaching me throughout the last years, that I can make a plan...but more importantly I need to listen to His call. I need to live in this moment. I need to be His hands and feet right NOW!

My mom and dad with my aunt and uncle are here visiting. I was talking about my struggle. Everyone asks...what will you do when you come home? The real answer is...I have no clue, yet in my heart I want to tell them this masterful plan, only I have no plan. The real answer, Claudy and I haven't heard specific answer for what is next for us.

My Aunt encouraged me...she read to me Exodus 14: 13-14

And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”

That's the real answer. BE SILENT. 

God has always been faithful to me. He has always provided, He has ALWAYS shown up. I need to BE SILENT and wait for him! He is fighting for ME!



1 comment: