Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happenings...

Spring is in the air, Haiti has a new President, and I need to start packing soon! It's so hard to believe that in 2 months I need to back my most needed belongings into 6 boxes (that weigh less than 50lbs), that is quite the task. Leaving my family and friends is hard; change is hard, yet exciting when you know you are in the place that God has called you to. I was talking to my brother today about how easy it is to lose focus. How easily we get distracted, feel inadequate, get busy and let the mundane things of our life get in the way. I am learning that I constantly am needing to refocus and set my mind on things above. I love how the Message Bible says it. "So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that's where the action is. See things from his perspective" (Colossians 3:1-2). We need to pursue the things of Christ and see things from His perspective. 

It has been quite the busy month for me. My parents were in Florida for most of the month. I enjoyed spending my mornings and evenings with them. At the end of the month my siblings and their families also were down in Florida. We had a great week. We went to the beach, played golf, went to the pool, watched basketball and laughed a lot. I am so blessed to have a wonderful family. They are so supportive and are a great encouragement to me. Next week I will be traveling to Minneapolis for my Pre-Field Training. I am excited to spend time with other people that are also on their way to the mission field and to learn more about what God has called us to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment