Monday, April 18, 2011

He Really Cares That Much

The world likes to call these moments "coincidences." I must admit that sometimes it is hard for me to not call them that as well. It's hard for me to believe that God really cares THAT much about me, to care for me in the even the little details of moments; those moments that would be so easy to call it an accident.

I had one of those moments this week. I have really been struggling to decide if I should work in Haiti for the first month, so that I would fulfill my contract and most importantly not putting my teammates in a bad situation. Well, "it just so happened" that there was another teacher who was part-time that wanted to come back full-time and whom could come back June 1st (I leave June 2nd) and who would love my role as "grader" on the team of 3 I am on. It would be so easy to call this a coincidence, it is a little detail, I believe it is God working it out. He cares for me, even in the little things. It has been in these moments, that I find myself falling more in love with Jesus and feeling the wait of His pursuit on my life.

I have been reading about these moments in my Bible Study (Ruth, by Kelly Minter). In Ruth 2:3 it says, "...she happened to come to the part of the field belonging to Boaz..." and in Ruth 2:4 it says, "And Behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem.." both of these moments seem so coincidental, yet God had a direct plan. If you continue to read Ruth, you will see that Boaz redeems Ruth and is part of the genealogy of David. I am so thankful that we have a God who cares for us that much that he cares about the little moments in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment