Sunday, May 8, 2011

{Surrendering My Rights}

"All to Jesus, I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me." 

The idea of surrender has had a lot different meaning to me in th last couple of weeks. When deciding to follow God's call to Haiti, I didn't even think of all I would have to surrender to go....In my mind, the call was so strong, I didn't have a choice but to go. I still fill that way. I feel it is an honor to do what God has called me to...however, surrender is involved. Over the last two weeks, in this process of surrender, I have felt sad, relieved, selfish, high maintenance, hopeful (I know there is blessing in surrender), just to name a few.  I am almost embarrassed to put these on my blog, but here is my list (so far) of rights that I am surrendering....


The right too....


* Attend a weekly worship service that is in English
* Attend my women's Bible Study
* Live by myself
* Drive to the shops, when I just need to get out of the house
* Lay by the pool during my lunch break
* Advance my career
* Eat out at a restaurant when I don't feel like cooking (they do have some restaurants so I am not totally giving this up.  
* Drink Diet Coke
* Stop by the gas station for a fountain Diet Coke
* Where High Heels (this is a tough one for me)
* Have a closet full of shoes
* Sleeping on a nice pillow top mattress
* Have air conditioning
* Showering with Hot Water
* Using my DVR
* Spending the summer at the Lake
* To safety
* Use a blow-dryer everyday. 
* Coach
* Spend lots of time with my Family


I am sure there are more....and I must admit am slightly embarrassed by some of these. Even though some of these things are hard, it is a joy knowing you are being obedient. 





No comments:

Post a Comment