Friday, November 18, 2011

{Friday Favorites}–November 18

Today is a holiday here in Haiti. On November 18, Haiti won their independence. Today we celebrate. Since, there is no school and no governmental offices open, we are celebrating; only as expats we are celebrating Thanksgiving. On this holiday, here are a few of my favorite things happening…

IMG_8115
1. OLTCH Field Day: Jasmine, Laura and Ayla did a great job planning this day for the kids. I was blessed, because I was able to bring our group over for the day to help. The kids were able to play “carnival” games and win prizes. At the end their faces were painted. Here is Friztline and Anne or should I saw the Zebra and the Giraffe. I have so many great pictures of this day. Please go to my facebook page and check them out.


IMG_8128
2. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Thank you mom and dad for bringing me a can of pumpkin and chocolate chips so I can make these. They are my favorite Smile Can’t wait to share them at our thanksgiving meal!




photo
3. Christmas Tree: I know. I know…It’s not even thanksgiving. However, I was shopping at Mega Mart and they had a Christmas Tree. I had to buy it. It’s starting to feel like the holiday’s hear in Haiti!









IMG_8093
4. Elijah: A new baby…a new life, full of hope. This precious one was born at the orphanage on Sunday. Our prayer for him is that he will be a servant of God.






photo
5. Scarves: In preparation for my visit home at Christmas, I decided I needed a scarf with me when I arrive at the airport so I don’t freeze. They aren’t easy to buy here, so I made one. It is an infinity scarf, mustard yellow, and I love it…I wish it was a little thinker, but I ran out of yard…what can you do!!









Have a great Friday Smile
ashleeinhaiti

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! The scarf is gorgeous :) are you keeping the cookies in the freezer like always? :) Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Yes cookies are in the freezer :) Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I will keep you in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete