Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful


Happy Thanksgiving


I want to start by wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for this year. I am so thankful for you, your prayers, and your support. Your prayers help me get from day to day. I am so thankful for what God has given me and the journey He has me on. What a blessing to follow a Savior that not only has redeemed me, but allows me and wants me to be part of HIS work.


I am thankful for my family. They have given me unconditional love.  One of their greatest gifts this year was letting me go and supported me with my move, and giving me their blessing to do what God has called me to.

I am thankful for what God is doing in Haiti through our organization and through our partners.

I am also so thankful for my friends, who have "went" on this journey with me, who continue to write, call and skype and help me stay "connected" and still part of their lives. 

This month has been filled with training teachers, vision trips for groups and preparing for the busy group season ahead. Last week we had a group of pastors from Minnesota and we were able to do a olypmic day for the kids at the orphanage and also build some school benches for Maxo's school. It was so fun to see the kids playing, competeting and just having fun! The orphanage also welcomed a new little one into the world last week. Baby Elijah. He literaly came so fast, He was born on the rocks. 



We even got to have thanksgiving here in Haiti last week, on the 18th. What a blessing to get to celebrate the holiday with others. 

Please pray this month for...

1. Continued strength
2. That my language skills would continue to develop. 
3. That I would continue to have time to invest with the teachers. 
4. For our plans to start Community Health Evangelism (CHE) with Haiti Health Ministries in the Reserve Area and possibly Maxo's school. 
5. For our partners that God would continue to work in their ministries. 

Thank you again for your support and love. I pray you have a Happy Thanksgiving with your families and that you enjoy this holiday season. 

Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment