Tuesday, March 19, 2013

{Breakfast Bar}

After traveling to Haiti many times in 2 years and then living in Haiti 2 years....I can't eat Granola bars. Seriously, if one had to make there assumptions of what Americans eat, based on seeing them in Haiti for a week, you would be convinced that Americans only eat granola or protein bars....I can't stand them!! (Anymore)

All that to say, I was a little hesitant to try this "awesome" breakfast bar that a visiting team brought with to Haiti. They told me, it was the best bar "granola" bar they had ever tasted it. Hesitantly, I agreed to try them....They were awesome. My husband and I can't stop eating them. I thought I would share the goodness with you! (Remember...this is not my recipe)...




Breakfast bars

1 – 14oz box Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
1 – 10oz bag large marshmallows
½ stick butter
2 cups honey roasted peanuts
½ cup sunflower kernels
¼ cup canola oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 bag cranraisins (original or cherry)

In separate bowl, mix cereal, peanuts, kernels, craisins.

Melt marshmallows and butter in large pot over low heat.  Stir regularly.
Add vanilla and canola oil.  Stir well.

Remove from heat and add the dry ingredients.  Stir well working quickly to combine dry ingredients with marshmallow mixture till consistency of rice krispie treats.

Press into 9x13 pan (well coated with canola oil).  Allow to cool.  When completely cool, cut into bars, wrap in saran wrap or baggie to keep fresh.


Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment