Wednesday, August 17, 2011

To my friends....

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about missing my family!! This week, I have been missing my friends. I know this is all part of the process, and I would not want to give up on this process for anything, since I know that it is right where God wants me....So my tribute to my friends (in no particular order)

        


1. Betha.... we have been through a lot together. I am so thankful for you, for your godly counsel, wisdom, encouragement  support. You have been there for me, through the ups and downs, during the times I didn't know if I would make it through, you were there encouraging me! Thank you for challenging me to grow in my faith and challenging me to pursue God with everything I have. I miss you and miss our Saturday morning routine. Saturdays in Haiti are just not the same without having a cup of coffee with you!!

 

2. Alicia....I am so incredibly proud of you! Your growth is so encouraging. It has been a joy to watch! I am so honored to call you friend and so thankful that you sharpen me. I love that we can be brutally honest with one another and that we use that honesty to help each other grow! I miss our girls nights and coffee dates!!!

  




3. Quinton Gray....You are my younger big brother. You have been there for me so much....been there to fix things in my house when they break, or when my car won't start, when I have an unrulely student in my classroom, you have defended me and protected me. I miss playing basketball with you and you making fun of how I shoot...ok, I admit it, I also miss you poking and pestering me. Thank you for encouraging me, for being my friend and always being there for me!

  

4. Angela...we have been friends for a long time now. We have had a lot of fun times together....our pizza and wine nights (some how the boys got invited), coffee dates, sushi lunches, etc. You have been there to encourage me, to support me, and to give me advice. I miss you so much and am hoping we get to have one of those sushi dates when I am there at the end of September!!


5. Brit Channing....I don't know where to start with you!! I think we get along so well and are such good friends, because we are so much a like. I love that we can hang out with each other and not need to talk, or that when we are at a get together with 20 + people, we sometimes find ourselves in a separate room watching sports, because we need to get away! I miss watching games with you (football, basketball, golf, etc.), I miss beating you at golf.  I miss you picking on me and making fun of me. I miss serving along side you. I miss our conversations on theology. You have challenged me to dig into the scriptures and discover what I believe!! I miss you friend!!!
 

6. Renee...its funny how our friendship started and that on one of the first times hanging out by ourselves, we decided we could live together!! We were right! It worked out great! I miss our nights that we cooked together (let's not forget about all the bread we ate), nights dancing, nights on the island and our mornings at first watch!!! I am so thankful that we can be so honest with each other and that we aren't afraid to share anything!!! Thank you for being there for me, for supporting me and for all of the fun memories!!


I know I didn't have time to do everyone...but I miss you and love you all!! Thank you for touching my life and for supporting me!! Thanks for all of the fun memories. Miss you lots...please come visit...















4 comments:

  1. I really miss you too nuest... I don't like going to your house and you never being there. And I definitely miss poking you even though it normally ended up with me having bite marks :) I am praying for you and can't wait to see you again!
    -capital Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW Capital Q!!!!! Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you in September. I miss you so much and can't believe how quickly time flies. You have encouraged me and inspired me in so many ways. I am unbelievably proud of your strength, independence and leadership. Haiti doesn't know yet what a true gem they have in you. You are such a blessing. Can't believe you won't be here this season to win any more expensive purses, lol. Love you, Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Capital Q... I hate being at our house without you too. This was such a sweet post, it just made me miss you that much more! i can't wait to see you in a few short weeks, so we can get a fountain DC! and i loved all of these pictures, lots of fun memories :) xoxox Renee

    ReplyDelete