Thursday, May 3, 2012

Be an Encourager

In the last week God has been speaking to me about my attitude (along with my wonderful fiance, I love how they can point out your weaknesses). It's been easy here to get caught up in the difficulties. To focus, on the hardship, the sufferings, the trials, and the work you don't feel called to do. I've been stuck in a rut. I've been choosing to focus on the things that are hard for me, instead of the the blessings.

Yesterday I started reading through 2 Corinthians and I was so encouraged by Paul's words in chapter 1, verse 7...


 There is a reason for the suffering, for the trials and for the comfort...that way we can share with our brothers and sisters, we can extend grace and mercy and comfort them when they are going through sufferings, because we too, have been through them.

Yesterday, I was praying through what God wanted me to do with this, how to use my sharing of the suffering. I was convicted that I wasn't being a person of encouragement. He wants to use me to encourage His saints. Today as I read in chapter, I came across verse 15....we are called to be the aroma of Christ...



 My prayer today is that Christ will use me to encourage others and that everywhere I go, I will let off the aroma of Christ.



Picking up on my One Thousand Gifts...

55. Sun blisters from a relaxing day at the beach.
56. The smell of the Caribbean waters.
57. God's perfect creation of the ocean, it's simple beauty.
58. The fragrance of the rain.
59. Elaise's sweet smile of thanks everyday.
60. God sending people of encouragement at the times we need them most.
61. Book of letters from my family.
62. Mom's drawing of the farming, making me less homesick.















63. Notes from the children at the orphanage.



















No comments:

Post a Comment