Thursday, January 20, 2011

He is our Deliverer

Mass Grave in Titayan, It is estimated that
150,000 are buried here. 
My parents and I arrived back in the states this afternoon. This trip to Haiti was different, but challenged me even more. The last two days of our trip, we were able to travel over to Gressier, where I will be living. We were able to meet other missionaries, see some of the schools in the area and just get to know the community. We stopped at a small orphanage on one of our last stops last night. It was a Haitian husband and wife, with their three kids (one more on the way) and then 10 other kids that they have taken in. They also have school with 10 more kids. They are caring for the least of these. They hardly have enough money to eat, and can’t pay their teachers for the school, so the teachers volunteer and also have other jobs. Yet, in very poor circumstances, they were so happy and full of hope. They wife, was so proud of her children. They are living out the gospel daily.

Psalm 40:16-17 says:
But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, “Great is the Lord!” As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!

This is the hope the family had. They are the poor and the need, but the Lord is there help and He has delivered them!!

What a challenge to me to live out my faith daily.

The trip was so helpful in getting a vision for what God can do in the area. There are sooo many schools even in walking distance of our house. Some like the little orphanage and some that are large. I am challenged by coming alongside the leaders of these schools, identifying both teachers and students that are leaders in the school, that may be potential church planters. Meeting community leaders to come up with ideas to make the schools sustainable. I am challenged and feel inadequate at times for the tasks ahead, yet I know God has a plan and through my inadequacy. It is so exciting to imagine all that God can do and will do.
My future porch

Thank you so much for your prayers this last week, God is working and there is hope. Please continue to pray…
·         Balance in my life as I work full-time, support raise, and do start our Pre-field Triaining.
·         God Continues to guide our vision and planning for His glory in Haiti.
·         God will be transforming the lives of the Haitians by the power of the Gospel.
·         God will give us (ReachGlobal) favor in the community.

Please let me know how I can be praying for you!!!

Here are some pictures...

Farming land down the roan
Kitchen at the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment