Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Goodness

Romans 12: 2-3 The Message 


Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him.

How quickly I forget that I don't bring goodness upon myself or to God, but that I need to rely upon God for goodness. This is a daily surrender for me, a daily choice...if I don't do it daily my pride gets in the way. Life slowly becomes about what I can do and not what God is doing through me. 

One of my biggest challenges that I have faced in Haiti so far, as been trusting that God has gone before me. Learning to continually trust that he will guide me and our ministry. 


PS Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog about some light hearted differences between Haiti and the US!!

No comments:

Post a Comment