Saturday, July 30, 2011

Why are we Here??

A friend was visiting from New Orleans, while we were talking about short and long term plans, the question came up, "Why are we here?" This morning God reminded me why we are here.
I'm in Haiti because.....

* God has commanded us to pick up the cross he bore and carry it for him.

* I am bothered by abuse, injustice, and oppression.

* I am convinced that I can change a little bit about what is wrong and make it a little more beautiful.

* I want to see the women of Haiti living FREE. Lives free from oppression and bondage.

* Children deserve the chance to know their is something better, that God has a wonderful plan for their life and that through Christ they can have hope.

* This is Holy Ground....

* God doesn't need me, but I want to be part of His mission and what he is doing.

* Isaiah 58: 10-11 The Message Reads...
If you are generous with the hungry 
   and start giving yourselves to the down-and-out,
Your lives will begin to glow in the darkness, 
   your shadowed lives will be bathed in sunlight.
I will always show you where to go. 
   I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places— 
   firm muscles, strong bones.
You'll be like a well-watered garden,
 
   a gurgling spring that never runs dry.



In ESV it reads...
If you POUR yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. And the Lord will guide your continually and satisfy you desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden like a spring of water whose waters do not fall.

In his book TRUE RELIGION Palmer Chinchen writes,"If you will give your life away to changing this world, God will change you."

Some days are hard here....but since living among the hungry, the oppressed and the injustice, I have experienced his fullness and his strength. He is changing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment