Saturday, July 23, 2011

To my family....

This weekend, I really have been missing my family. Missing home and some of the comforts. It probably didn't help that I decided to decorate the upstairs for our staff, to make it a little more homey. However, I was missing everyone. I decided to open up the journal my family bought for me. They all wrote notes of encouragement. I must admit that I didn't really want to read it, knowing that it would make me cry and miss them, but at the same time, it would give me pieces of them! How much joy they brought me.  In response to their letters.

Cory: You are such an encourager. I love being your sister. You have been a great example to me of a servant leader. You are so good at serving others and spending quality time with people. They know you care about them. You are a great father and leader of your family! You also make our family fun!! Coming up with games and activities for us. Thank you for your words of encouragement and verses that you shared with me. I love you!

Shannon: This really doesn't have to do with the letter, but I am so excited to see you in Haiti in a couple of weeks!!!!!!  I know you think I get annoyed with your questions, but I love it. You care and truly desire to know what is going on. You are also such an encourager. Thank you for showing me an example of being a godly wife and also for sharing with me the ups and downs of life. I am so blessed to call you a sister.  I love you!

Dani, Troy, Courtney, Abby and Jett:  Your pictures were beautiful. They made me smile. I love the pictures of our memories that we have shared together. I miss you guys!! I am praying for you. Praying that God will reveal himself to you and that you will develop godly character and become obedient to His call on your life. I love you all!!

Kalee: I am happy to call you sister as well. I love that we live vicariously through each others lives. I share with you the single side and you share with me the married with children side. Thank you for your wisdom and discernment. I love that I can share my thoughts with you and you don't judge them, but help by giving me good counsel. Thank you for being a best friend. Love you!

Chad: We have been through a lot together and you have been there for me through some tough times. I am so thankful for your openness and for your protection. I am so proud of you for the husband and dad you are becoming. Kalee is lucky to have you (and you are lucky to have her). Your kids will know they are loved, as you have always shown your love to so many. Thank you for your honesty and openness with life. I love you!

Dad: You mentioned the memories that we share. We have so many. Some of my favorites are: Laying on the kitchen floor before school, you doing my hair in the mornings, while you weren't always happy with me that I didn't like to practice as much as the boys, I was your runner and you challenged and pushed me to succeed, all of the games you attended, and all of our trips to Haiti. I am so thankful for you; for your love, protection, the sharing of your faith and your generosity. I am so thankful for the household I was raised in and that you and mom shared your faith with us. You never ceased from loving us and I always knew I was cared for! Can't wait for you to visit.  Love you lots!!

Mom: First, this may be the best picture I have ever received :) It makes me laugh everytime I look at it!!
I know letting me go was hard for you, but it displayed your love for me and your trust in God. Thank you for sharing your adventurous spirit with me. We have had so many good times together, but I love how much we laugh when we are together.While I know we will have many great memories ahead, I will miss our shopping trips, our cooking times, time at the lake sunbathing on the dock and running together. Thank you for always being a great example to me. One thing I love most about you is that you have a gentle and kind spirit. You are the most giving person I know! Thank you for loving me unconditionally and always showing me your love!  Miss you lots, but can't wait to see you!!

1 comment:

  1. Miss you lots too. And I also enjoyed Connie's artistic abilities:)

    ReplyDelete