Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 17-19 25 Days of Christmas


Day 17 - This year instead of buying Christmas presents for my nieces and nephews, I opted out for play dates. So Abby and my parents and I drove down to Becker. I took Abby and Troy to a Christmas tree farm that had a petting zoo (which included: horses, sheep, llama's, and a camel). Then we went to the Cafe and had a cookie and some juice!!! We had a great time on our date. They are both so special and have so much love!




To end Day 17 I went with Cory and Shannon's family to FEED MY STARVING CHILDREN to package food. It cost's 19 cents to feed a child for one day. What a blessing. In Haiti I have seen first hand how the food does nourish the children. If you are looking for a place to give this year, make a donation in someone's name and help feed a child.







     Day 18 - It finally was Dani and Courtney's turn. We went to Scoop's in the Mall of America. They really got pampered and got there nails done. I had so much fun spending the day with them. They are two beautiful and special girls. I am excited to watch them grow up.

We ended the day with family devotions. Both of my brothers do a great job raising their kids in a Christian home. I am so thankful for my family and their love and support. As much as I love to lead, my brothers set a great path for me to follow and something for me to live up to. I am so thankful for their love of Christ and desire to obey Him. I can't not talk about my sister-in-laws. They are terrific. They are sisters to me and I am so thankful for their love and friendship, as well as their relationships with Christ.

This was a special moment at Cory and Shannon's as they were teaching their kids about Jesus's birth. They also prayed over me as did their kids for my upcoming move to Haiti. It is such a blessing to have the support of my family.


Day 19 - to finish my weekend in Becker, we went to church at Cory and Shannon's church. My parents brought Don and Tamela and their two adopted children from Haiti, Audy and Islande (see their blog here), with to church. After church, we went to their pastor's house, Dave (is on the board with Jesus in Haiti )and Cherie and had a great time talking about Haiti and the vision. Along with us are my friends Nate and Kristi, who also live in Becker, but traveled with me to Haiti this summer. It was great to see everyone connected and hearing everyones story. It is amazing the pictures God paints and what he can do when we are willing to follow his plan. One thing I have learned, is His plan is far greater than anything I could ever imagine.

One more thought....today at church, the children put on their annual Christmas program. It is so easy for us to get caught up in the things of Christmas and forget the reason. They sang this song (and yes Nogiteers, the lyrics are good), it is a great reminder that it is because of the cross we celebrate and that we have life.

About the Cross
Go Fish

Verse 1:

It's not just about the manger
Where the baby lay
It's not all about the angels
Who sang for him that day

It's not just about the shepherds
Or the bright and shining star
It's not all about the wisemen
Who travelled from afar

Chorus:
It's about the cross
It's about my sin
It's about how Jesus came to be born once
So that we could be born again

It's about the stone
That was rolled away
So that you and I could have real life someday

It's about the cross
It's about the cross

Verse 2:

It's not just about the presents
Underneath the tree
It's not all about the feeling
That the season brings to me

It's not just about coming home
To be with those you love
It's not all about the beauty
In the snow I'm dreaming of

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:

The beginning of the story is wonderful and great
But it's the ending that can save you and that's why we celebrate

It's about the cross
It's about my sin
It's about how Jesus came to be born once
So that we could be born again

It's about God's love
Nailed to a tree
It's about every drop of blood that flowed from Him when it should have been me

It's about the stone
That was rolled away
So that you and I could have real life someday
So that you and I could have real life someday

It's about the cross
It's about the cross

No comments:

Post a Comment