Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 20-21 25 Days of Christmas

It's that time of year....one of my favorite times of the year. I love having my family around, I love the music, the blistery weather, and the meaning behind it all. It is easy to get caught up in the silly Christmas traditions and not take time to remember why we are celebrating. We are celebrating our Savior, our Redeemer. I think what I often forget is WHY that little baby was born.

1. Jesus was born because we are sinful. He came to remove those sins by becoming a perfect sacrifice.
2. To present God.
3. To teach the truth.
4. To fulfill the Law.
5. To offer His kingdom
6. To teach those who didn't understand
7. To reveal love
8. To bring peace.
9. To heal the sick.
10. So that we may know Him. He wants us to know him, so seek Him; read His commandments and follow His commandments.
11. To suffer and die. The purpose of his birth was so Calvary could happen. He came in order to make us what we could never be without Him. He came to take our place, He suffered for us, and conquered death so we wouldn't have to experience death (eternal separation from Him). Hebrews 2: 9-10 says, "But we see him for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bring many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering." He paid my penalty. He paid my debt. He came because God sovereignly designed it.
12. To receive glory and honor. Through Jesus' birth and death, He wins...He has conquered and we praise Him...He gets the glory.

I am so thankful for my Redeemer, that his grace His sufficient to meet all of my needs, and that without the birth of that little Baby, I would not have life.

No comments:

Post a Comment