Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 7 & 8 - Home

Day 7
I guess I never thought I would react the way I did. My grandpa John, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease a little over 9 years ago and has been in the nursing home for 2.5 years now. It really is no longer him, and I thought I had grieved losing him, but I guess I hadn't , may since he still is "here." Yesterday, I got a call from my dad; grandpa had developed pneumonia and we were not going to treat it. It really hit me. I am so thankful for his life. For his legacy; for living a life devoted to Christ, instilling that in my mom. I am so blessed. While grandpa took a turn for the better today, we still don't know what affect the infection will have on him. This may seem hard from some people, but we are praying that this battle could be over and he could go rejoice in heaven and worship the king forever! What peace we have in Jesus Christ our Savior.

Day 8 - Home
There really is no place like home. The home you grow up in. The memories that are there. The family that belongs to the home. It suddenly makes everything feel a little better, makes you feel comfort. Having moved to Florida 5 years ago, there are some things I really miss, seasons being one, but I miss the family time. I am so blessed with a great family. A family that gets along; a family that enjoys one another; who loves one another; and has fun together. While I am home a little earlier than normal, I am looking forward to the next 3 weeks at Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment