Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 6 - 25 Days of Christmas....It's "Chili"

Just another crazy Monday...Monday's are always so busy for me and today I couldn't bring myself to come out of the covers (It was only 63 degrees in our house, due to living our windows and sliders open). I just wanted to stay there. So I quickly rand out and grabbed my morning coffee and changed my morning routine. I would do my daily Bible Study in my bed. Finally after grading homework for 3 hours...I went running (again weird to run in the middle of the day) and my lungs were not happy with the cold (I have athletic induced asthma). In honor of the cold weather I made myself some Chili....man was this the best chili I have ever made. 
Heres the recipe I created
1lb Beef
1 JalapeƱo
1 Pablano Chili 
1/2 medium onion
3 gloves garlic
brown together...when browned add 1 cup of beef broth and then
1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can chili tomatoes, 1 can Rotel, 1 can black beans, and some sweat corn (fresh if possible).  Add salt and pepper and some chili powder depending on how hot you like your chili. Let it stew for an hour (it's better the longer it stews). 

Now...for work, many of my friends, I won't name you, think that I don't do anything. I mean what could an online math teacher do anyway. Well, I am on the phone or grading papers, did I mention the phone! Anyways the best part of my job is....
This is my outside office...Yes it is December and I am working on the porch :)
and...my inside office for when it gets dark

I love my job...I love helping students and helping them become successful!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment